1. FIRST NAME?
Shula. Don't ask.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No. Not unless you count Martin Wyndham-Reed. It took me nearly 30 years to even find the name somewhere. They never saw a 'Shula' through the Romper Room mirror, let me assure you.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
About 200 years ago. Except for last Monday watching the dementia documentary on 4 corners. I cried like a total girl.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I used to. But then I acquired a raging thyroid condition. Now a handwriting expert would have me committed.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Absolutely. As long as we didn't live together.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
I used to, but someone read it, so I burned it. Now I blog.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
I had them out, but knowing me, they probably grew back.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Probably, just to see if it would cure my vertigo. I'd be the one who had the freak bungee-jumping accident. And survived.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Anything with more than 50 per cent sugar and in a high state of refinement. And my Mum's homemade sugar-free biodynamic toasted museli, that I am yet to replicate.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Only if I have to.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Fuck. Yes. But sometimes I wish I wasn't.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
New Zealand Hokey Pokey. Charmaine's Maple Walnut. Really good vanilla.
14. SHOE SIZE?
Large enough to not bother with regular shoe stores. Feetwise, I am German. And Israeli. And Irish. (You can tell a lot about a person's heritage from their feet).
15. RED OR PINK?
Fool. This is Melbourne. Ask me what shade of black I prefer.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My eyes. They're ruined.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
The Man of my Dreams. After that, everyone I've ever lost, every day.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Yes. But only if they tell the truth.
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
What colour is the second question. The first question should be what are they made from.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
A birthday banquet that was 3 days in the making.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Tonchi MacIntosh's demos. I want to be his backup singer when I grow up, so I'm learning his songs.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
The colour of a eucalyptus leaf.
23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
The smell of my friend Sherridan's Kenzo perfume when she throws her arms around me. Makes me consider jumping the fence. Fresh limes. Ginger. Daphne. Orange Blossom.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Someone on the other side of the world. Never ceases to amaze me, that.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
The sound of their voice.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
Very much. Nice voice.
27. FAVOURITE DRINK?
Right now; Jameson's Irish Whiskey. Straight, no ice. Never ice.
Tomorrow morning; coffee.
28. FAVOURITE SPORT?
Unless it's World Cup Soccer. Then I turn into a lunatic. It's a mystery.Thank God it only happens every four years.
29. EYE COLOUR?
Does it matter? (see #16)
30. HAT SIZE?
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, but if I did, they'd be green, violet and blue, in that order.
32. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Anything baked. Or roasted. Or that somebody else cooked.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Scary movies, with happy endings.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Autumn. Especially in Melbourne.
36. HUGS OR KISSES?
I'm partial to the Contintental Kiss, but only if it's done without the word dahling preceding it.
And I'll happily hug anything even remotely resembling a bear.
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
My mother's Christmas pudding. Cloth. Suet. Brandy. Hung, for ages. Refried, in butter, with castor sugar. I understand it was, quite precisely, my grandfather's favourite also.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
The Brave. The Honest.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
The Faint of Heart. And I have no use for them.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
The Mahabharata. Kishari Mohan Ganguli's unabridged, 4 volume, original translation. Every night for the last 3 years.
I dare you.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
What Suse said.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Bluffmaster. And.....(cue Maxwell Smart).....loving it.
43. FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
The sound of the Australian Bush after a good soak. If that doesn't make your heart sing, then how Godless are you?
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Let's see now , Paul McCartney.... or Keith Richards? Pompous Fart with man boobs and a clueless attitude to women, or Skull King who can open all my chakras with just one chord? Maxwell's Silver Hammer.... or Gimme Shelter?
After all these years, I can't believe people still ask that question.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
The middle of the Middle East.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I can make drunken Irishmen weep. The occasional Scotsman, even.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
In one of the realms of Hell, the Buddhists tell me, and I'm inclined to believe them.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
The very private..... SUSE!!!!